Do you have some business expertise? Would you like to share it with budding entrepreneurs and small business owners?
Sno-Isle Libraries has a deal for you.
“We’re soliciting proposals for workshops, classes, lectures and presentations,” said Kassy Rodeheaver, Lead Librarian for Business Services at the library district. The project is called “Business Pros: Expert Help to Start or Grow Your Business.”
“Strengthening our economy is a strategic priority for Sno-Isle Libraries,” Rodeheaver said. “One way we can do that is by inviting those who have business knowledge to share it with the community.”
The goal, Rodeheaver said, is to help future entrepreneurs and current business owners develop new skills that will assist them in starting and growing a business.
“We’ve had good feedback from our previous business-class series,” Rodeheaver said. “Participants had suggestions about additional topics that would be useful to business owners.”
Proposals for the series should cover a step of starting or running a business and include learning outcomes that can be measured in a post-event survey.
Session topics of particular interest include:
- Business finances
- General marketing
- Social media marketing beyond Facebook
- How to start a business
“I’m planning to host around 40 sessions this year,” Rodeheaver said. “I’ll also be looking for presenters to add to our business speaker directory.”
The timeline for the 2017 series is:
- Feb. 13: Proposals due
- Feb. 24: Notice of acceptance
- Feb. 27: Session list sent to community libraries for bookings
- April-December: Sessions to take place
Rodeheaver is reaching out to local chambers of commerce to solicit their assistance in promoting the opportunity to any of their members interested in applying.
Parameters for proposals include:
- Must be submitted through the online form.
- Sessions should range from 1-3 hours.
- Presentations should have learning outcomes.
- Presentations may include contact information for the presenter.
- Sno-Isle Libraries will not provide presenters with a list of registered attendees due to privacy policies.
- Sno-Isle Libraries will market classes to the public and presenters are encouraged to promote to their networks.
- A contract with Sno-Isle Libraries is required to ensure engagement and payment.
For more information, contact Kassy Rodeheaver, Lead Librarian for Business Services, 360-651-7017, firstname.lastname@example.org.