Author, hiker, and speaker Jennifer Pharr Davis will visit six Sno-Isle libraries this fall to discuss her new book "Called Again."
The book recounts her record-setting 46-day hike of the Appalachian Trail, during which she averaged nearly 47 miles per day. Davis has hiked more than 12,000 miles on six continents. The author of five books, she was named one of ten Adventurers of the Year by National Geographic in 2012.
Davis’ appearance schedule is as follows:
- Coupeville Library, Sept. 27, 11 a.m.
- Clinton Community Hall, Sept. 27, 3 p.m.
- Lynnwood Library, Oct. 1, 7 p.m.
- Monroe Library, Oct. 4, 11 a.m.
- Sultan Library, Oct. 4, 2:30 p.m.
- Darrington Library, Oct. 8, 6:30 p.m.
Books will be available for purchase and signing. All programs are free and open to the public. The events are funded by Friends of the Library groups and the Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation. Visit sno-isle.org/events for more information.