(The following message from Sno-Isle Libraries Executive Director Lois Langer Thompson was emailed to library customers on March 18, 2020.
Dear Sno-Isle Libraries customer,
We realize that closing the libraries until further notice creates hardships. While these are difficult decisions, your health and that of our employees and communities must come first during this rapidly evolving and unprecedented public-health crisis.
We are following the mandates and recommendations of county, state and federal officials. The uncertainty of what may lie ahead means that we will likely need to adjust our responses to the changing situations across our communities.
Here’s where we are today:
- All Sno-Isle Libraries facilities are closed until further notice.
- Our book drops are closed, too. If you have library materials checked out, please keep them until we reopen.
- We are deep-cleaning and disinfecting all of our facilities in anticipation of when we will be able to reopen.
- At this time, we are not able to offer limited access to physical library materials. We are evaluating the situation daily and putting plans in place to reintroduce currently paused services. Please bear with us, we do not have a timeline for when this might happen.
- Our website is available 24-7.
- If you are new to the many digital and online resources and services available through Sno-Isle Libraries, here’s a good place to start.
- If you have questions, check out Ask Us, Tell Us.
- Please do what it takes to stay informed and healthy.
Thank you and be safe,
Lois Langer Thompson
Sno-Isle Libraries Executive Director